Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I am deeply concerned...

a very sad story

This is what our country is doing, and I'm not trying to say it is right or wrong, but it is happening right now.

Just thought some of you might want to know, since the mainstream media doesn't seem to want to report it. I know most americans are more concerned about the controversy over the recent Oregon-Oklahoma football game, but this story haunts my thoughts. I understand that there are complicated issues involved and I'm not trying to be preachy (I don't really even have a side on the issue), but the thought that my country would do this to an innocent person deeply troubles me.

Sometimes the problems of the world seem so great that they are insurmountable. But if we really are the greatest nation in the world, surely we can win the war against terror without doing things like this.

"You become a monster so the monster will not break you."

4 comments:

Adam said...

I read about this the other day. Truly frightening and it can't be the only occurance.

edluv said...

i remember when this story first hit the media (around when it happened). i was bothered then, especially because we hadn't been barraged by story after story about how our govenment was acting improperly in the "war against terror".

now, i'm hardly surprised that we are the terrorists.

Adam said...

Here's an update on the story.

Adam said...

Here's an update on the story.