Wednesday, April 12, 2006

More Run-ins with the Criminal Element

Well, well, well. Bravo to the wonderful job you stupid would-be theives did on my car. Of course I call you "would-be" because you couldn't even get the job done. I wish you had stolen my car. If I had gotten home today and it was gone, I would have had a nice down payment on a new Toyota Tundra. Instead I am left with a bill to repair all the things you broke in your pathetic attempts at robbing me.

First, let me compliment the nice job you did putting an antenna in the crack of my passenger door. You really did a number on some chrome strips and totally destroyed my weatherstripping. Too bad you were still about 2 feet short of reaching the lock. That doesn't even qualify as close.

Second, nice handywork on drilling out my doorlock. You wasted your time though. That lock has been broken for years. You could always put any old thing in there and turn it to make the door unlock. If you had tried that first you would have saved yourselves alot of trouble. It is also really easy to simply pop the lock on those cars with a scewdriver. Much less effort than drilling.

The same goes for my ignition. I really appreciated the handiwork involved in separating the housing around my steering/ignition. That too has been broken for years and anything remotely resembling a key can be turned to start the car. So why didn't you take it?

Oh, how funny. After all that painstaking labor, my battery was dead so it wouldn't start! I'm so sorry. You should really bring along jumper cables the next time you decide you have the right to take something that doesn't belong to you. Its not even your greed that angers me, it is your stupidity. That car has been easily broken into many times by good, hard-working, intelligent thieves. Thats right... Those Fresno theives could really teach you a thing or two.

3 comments:

Jimmie said...

I have a lead on the suspects...it is the same people who broke the window in the back seat so that you can't roll it back up if you roll it down.

Adam said...

That sucks dude, that's like the guys that threw a rock threw the window of my old Celica only to spend, presumably, way too much time destroying all the aesthetic plastic around my stereo because I installed it myself and disassembled my dashboard and center console to do so. So, in the end, they jammed something into the stereo so it wouldn't work anymore. Idiots.

edluv said...

look, all damage done to cars that are not stolen are to be considered punishment for not just giving your property away.