Sunday, June 11, 2006

World Cup Fever

Sorry for being a bad little blogger lately... I have been working alot the past few weeks. Congrats to Jimmie for successfully getting a girl to sleep with him at least enough times to make this cute little guy.

And now the World Cup has started. I am glad that ABC/ESPN are broadcasting all the games this year, even if I won't see all of them. The last world cup was in Korea/Japan which meant that all of the games were on at like 2am here because of the time difference. I was in college then, and it was summer break, so I stayed up late or got up early to watch as many games as possible. I guess I won't have to do that this time.
The US team plays their first game tomorrow against the Czech Republic at 9 am. My great grandparents came from the Czech Republic, and my grandfather went back there to visit some relatives after the country emerged from communism in the 90's. Perhaps I will break out my bottle of Slivovitz (a plum brandy brewed there) and have a few sips while I watch the US win, or a few swigs if they are losing.
I will be working, so I plan to tape it and watch it tomorrow night. That means I will be going on a total media blackout tomorrow. No tv, internet, or radio all day until I watch that game. Please, do not call me, text me or (if you see me) tell me anthing about the game.
Here's some highlights from the US team's qualifying run to get you pumped up for tomorrow's game. My favorite part is Oguchi Onyewu manhandling the Mexico players. Only someone on that team would be arrogant/stupid enough to get in the face of a guy who's 6'4'' 240lbs.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm....Slivovitz. Hope you didn't finish the whole bottle.