Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Woodworking

Ok, so on the farm we are having a bit of a gopher problem. The problem is there are too many of them, and they really mess things up. So we have been trying to get rid of them, with very little success. So I am building these owl houses that will hopefully attract more owls to the area to eat more gophers. I have discovered that I'm not very good at working with wood on anything that needs extreme precision. Granted, I'm not exactly working with professional tools, but I would really like to be able to cut a straight line. It would be great if I cut 6 pieces that fit together in a cube perfectly, with all the edges perfect. No matter how hard I try, I simply can't do it. Needless to say I really admire how hard it is to do what this guy does.

1 comments:

Adam said...

Thanks Dana. If you ever want some assistance with a project, just give me a call or drop a comment and I'd be more than happy to chip in some effort on an owl box or whatever else you might want to build.