Thursday, January 19, 2006

Gone Fishin'


For all of you who hang on my every word, I plan to spend as much time fishing this weekend as humanly possible, so I'm posting this and taking the weekend off (as if this were my job). I know it will be hard, but you can get through it. Take some deep breaths and think about all the good times we will have in the future. If you feel like you might hyperventilate, grab a paper bag and breathe into it. Does that even work? I always see it on tv, but have never actually seen a medical professional advise this approach. Maybe Mythbusters should test that out.

Just so you don't have to go all weekend without me telling you what to think, here are some of my takes on the world as we know it:
Sports: After seeing what the Lions did, I am afraid that Julie might leave me for someone named Blana or Danaga, but not someone named Danal! Personally, I think Steve Mariucci is a great coach.

Music: I am listening to That Was a Crazy Game of Poker by O.A.R.
I also downloaded the Gillian Welch cover of Black Star by Radiohead. I can't say that I love it, or even like it much. When it comes to Radiohead covers, I find stuff by Christopher O'Rilley really interesting. He plays piano arrangements of radiohead. I think its really good.

Movies: Julie and I watched Fantastic 4 last night. My eyes haven't stopped hurting since. Seriously! My eyes have been itchy and red for 24 hours since we saw the movie. I've never had an alergic reaction to a film before, but this one deserved it. Only redeeming value: (do I even have to say it? you all know what's coming) ...
Jessica Alba! My brother is obsessed with her (not litterally, for you FBI guys who are reading this), and I can see that he has a valid point. If you want to see a good movie this weekend, just go rent Happy Gilmore. There's nothing wrong with an old standby. Plus, the sound effects for the punches in that movie are the best in any movie I've ever seen. Just hearing them makes me laugh.

News: Get some news from an online news source, and lay off the CNN, MSNBC, etc. I won't even mention that other network. I hope none of you are that stupid. Julie is trying to distract me right now because she knows how I get when I start to think about THAT channel. Just go to BBC or Reuters online this weekend and find out what is happening in the world that corporate America (who own all the major news outlets) doesn't want you to know about. Or better yet, pick up a major newspaper and read every page of it. Think to yourself, why is this story about all these people dying in a 3rd world country buried on page AA25, while the front page has a parade or some other trivial thing on it?
Man, I totally sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist. I swear, I haven't done any drugs tonight (a will drink some Theraflu before I go to bed); all this paranoia is totally natural in me.

TV: Don't watch anything that has "drama" on it. Shows don't even have a premise any more. All they do is put 5 of the craziest people they can find in a room and hope they fight. Even shows on HGTVor Animal Planet are all about drama now. Who watches this stuff? And Why? I seriously want to know. And then they are going to cancel the greatest show on earth AD.

3 comments:

edluv said...

i have gone fishing several times in my life. i have never been able to catch a fish. this is something that must happen before i die.

dana said...

maybe we could get a group together and go fishing some time. I know Adam is into that outdoors type stuff.

Anonymous said...

Isn't "Lost" considered a drama? How can you be against that show? By the way, did anyone else notice that Jack's wife is the chick from Happy Gilmore? She takes a distant second to Bridgette Wilson as hottest girlfriend in an Adam Sandler movie. Veronica Vaughn! So hot! Want to touch the hiney!